Monday, January 6, 2014

Have faith. . .


. . .keep your focus on the task.

As a kid, having faith is easy.  I remember many times jumping off the side of the pool into the loving and outstretched arms of my dad, when I first began learning how to swim.  I had no doubt that he would catch me.  None whatsoever.  I had complete faith in him.  Even at the age of 5, I was living life on the edge, when I jumped off that pool ledge. When I took that leap of faith.

I'm not sure where that faith and trust goes as we get older.  We replace it, a lot of times with hesitation and think to ourselves . . .'prove it.'  It's actually very sad, but true.  I for one, am in that group at times.  The Prove It group.  But I've learned in the last couple of years, that it isn't others that I need to put my faith in.  I need to first and foremost trust in the Lord, trust myself, and trust my heart.  Once you let go, you realize that living life on the edge, comes with the best safety net of all. . . .GOD!  You may fall at times, but you will never hit the ground.

Faith.  It doesn't make things easy.  It makes them possible!

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous post. You are SO right on Faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Cheryl! Love image too.
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely. I love this and I have to have immediately. Your post just about says it all. I'm in there with you Cheryl and we have many friends. Isn't it a wonderful feeling!. oney you just made the start of my day FANTABULOUS! How qujick can I get this one. LOL

    ReplyDelete