Saturday, February 2, 2013

Video Tutorial-Blending & coloring

I finished the video yesterday with the coloring and blending with the Prisma Colors & Faber-Castell pencils.  I wasn't exactly sure about how to present the video, so I'm hoping that it will perhaps be what you were looking for.  Remember, I am new to all of this, so if you don't like it or have suggestions or would like to see something else, PLEASE feel free to leave a comment or email me.  Believe me, I have very thick skin. I would rather someone be totally honest with me in order for me to make my tutorials better, than to simply be nice and say, 'I love it', when you really hate it. LOL  Seriously.  I welcome the feedback. Good or bad.

So, here goes.  This is the newest tutorial on coloring and blending with the colored pencils. I am listing what I used but it is the same process for how to choose your colors.  And remember, this is only how I do it and the colors that I used.  You may have a way that works better for you, or colors that you like better, so if it works for you, run with it!





Here is the 2-sided bristol board paper that I was referring to in the video that is available @ Hobby Lobby.


Paper:
     Strathmore Bristol Paper
Copics:
     R29, E30 & W5
Colored Pencils:
     Crimson Red, Tuscan Red, Ivory or white
     Beige, Golden Rod, Raw Umber
     Warm Grey III, Warm Grey V, Warm Grey I & White

So, until tomorrow. . . .Happy COLORING!!!


And remember. . .leave a comment with your ideas, suggestions or just to say hi.  I love to read them!

9 comments:

  1. I feel like I just took my first art class! We sent our daughter to the School of the Art Institute here in Chicago. It cost a great deal of money! It like I just got an education from a master and it was Free!!! Thank you, Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great tutorial, Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab tutorial - made me laugh with the dog barking and the sneeze - bless you
    love the new blog
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cheryl,
    Lovely lesson once again! Thank you.
    Are we going to see you colour the end of Sally that
    you started before?
    Going ga ga for all the new Sally images :o)
    Hugs, Candy
    Magnolia-licious Designer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the demo. Haven't tried the pencils but have them and may now have to try it out! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheryl, Thank you I enjoy your video so much. You make coloring look so easy and I know it is not. Going to try through. Love Sally Charlsie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the tutorial. I would not have used some of the colors you did. This was very helpful. Love your images. I really prefer the digis over rubber but if you do go to rubber, please do cling mount or photopolymer (the good stuff).

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a super tutorial Cheryl, I have notice colored pencil showing up with Copics and was not quite sure how they worked together so that really helps. Do you ever use a pencil blending agent that is used with just colored pencils?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much. Very helpful. I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete